Regarding your Privacy
Your Account with Cyprus Engineering Stores Ltd (CES)
You are responsible for maintaining the privacy of your account details and password and for restricting access to your computer. Cyprus Engineering Stores Ltd reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion. All prices listed are in euros, which your account will be charged in.
Collection of personal information
CES collects limited personal information such as title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and e-mail address. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- Order goods that require delivery.
- Contact us for further information.
- Participate in surveys and other types of research.
- Enter a promotion or contest hosted by us.
- Subscribe to our mailing list.
- Register your details on our website.
- Ask for a quotation.
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we may collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our website performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click-throughs from email marketing) we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
CES uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How we use your information
CES uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service. Specific ways that we may use your personal information:
- To complete a transaction.
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
- To keep you up to date (through a variety of channels) with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest. You will be able to opt out from this activity at any time.
- To enhance your customer experience in-store and help us complete your transactions faster.
- For planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only send personal information about you to other organisations when:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested.
- We need to send your information to companies that are contracted to us for specific services, e.g. mailing partners, IT service providers, service providers (repairers, etc.), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies.
- We are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under CES custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
The personal information we hold about you is available for you to access. Should you wish do so, please contact us directly. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change.
CES is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information that we may collect:
- Name (company or personal as applicable).
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests that you have shared with us.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
A list of cookies used by us is available upon request.
What we do with the information we collect
We use this information to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send promotional emails about new products and special offers as they come up, or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To contact you occasionally for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act. A small fee will be payable. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly make any amendments.